Friday, November 18, 2011

Check Out My Guest Post


You guys should all go to Rochelle Melander's blog over at The Write Now Coach. Why? Because I'm her guest today! I met Rochelle online after noticing some of the great coaching work she was doing in Milwaukee. She is an author and writing coach who is currently participating in National Novel Writing Month. Her blog features posts this month to inspire others who are also participating in NaNoWriMo.

Rochelle has just released a brand new book, Write-A-Thon: Write Your Book in 26 Days (And Live to Tell About It). Laying the foundation for fiction and nonfiction writers alike to write a book in less than a month (and survive), Write-A-Thon provides the blueprint to do it all in less than a month! Write-A-Thon contains three sections: Training, Write-A-Thon, and Recovery. Each section utilizes introductions, brief valuable essays filled with practical tools, and just enough encouragement for the writer to press on and finish what may very well be the challenge of their life (or simply the challenge of the month). Perfect for accomplished authors or those who simply write, Write-A-Thon provides the complete guidebook for brainstorming, writing, and finishing that book (preferably with all sanity intact)! 

In honor of her new book, Rochelle is giving away a copy of the book to one of our readers. There are three simple ways to enter:
1. Comment on this post.
2. Follow my blog.
3. Comment on my guest post here.

Do one, or all three. You'll get one entry for each action taken.


In addition, for the first 50 people who buy the book and email her a receipt, she will send you an encouraging postcard during November via snail mail! (rochelle@writenowcoach.com)

Have any of you ever participated in NaNoWriMo?

7 comments:

  1. Hey, that sounds cool! The husband and I always talk about writing a book outlining how not to blend two families. We did most of it wrong.

    And you KNOW I follow you, girl! I'm off to check out your guest blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say you and the hubs need to get on that book ASAP! That would be hysterical! A book seems daunting, doesn't it? But maybe if you just rock it out in a month its not so bad. I may have to dedicate one of the 12 next year to the task.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have always envisioned writing a book. We have six children, 3 biological and 3 adopted. Never a dull moment here. And a year ago I decided to get my "fluffy,big boned" body off my a$$ and learn to run. I am slow but not so fluffy anymore and running is keeping this mom sorta sane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It sounds like you are one busy Mom! I bet you have some really amazing stories to share. As my kids grow into young adults I worry more about the impending quietness. I really don't want it to be *that* quiet around here yet.

    Good for you for taking the time to take care of yourself while you take care of all those precious children. That can be a really difficult thing to do.

    Thanks so much for taking the time to comment here. I will be sure to enter you into the drawing. Maybe Rochelle's book can help you kickstart that book you've been envisioning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Kelly!

    I never knew there was a National Novel Writing Month, but that really shouldn't be surprising, given that it seems everything has a National Month attached to it, doesn't it? I think we need a National Procrastinator's Month - we could all celebrate that one!

    Yeah, I know, we'd never get around to it... :)

    Kinda like those grand novel ideas we keep tucked safely away in our minds - Rochelle's approach doesn't sound that crazy - like a Nike Novel - just Do It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so good to hear from you, Reid! I first heard of National Novel Writing Month last year. And I thought *maybe* this year I would participate. But it seems I may just be participating in this National Procrastinator's Month you are talking about. I just don't know that I could ever do it in November. November is crazy around here! But I've visited some blogs of people who've attempted or succeeded at NaNoWriMo and it sounds like a pretty amazing experience.

    I may have to buy my own copy of Rochelle's book just so I can switch it to a different month, thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hii, well that sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.. :)

    ReplyDelete